I started going to the gym. Today was my first meeting with my personal trainer. I got a picture of her.

Note how she looks cute. Now look at those eyes. Yes.. It's evil incarnate. The hands together plotting how to better get you. That's her.
Remember watching movies and reading stories that involved a dungeon? Well dungeons have never gone away. They just moved from dank castle basements to bright shiny buildings with "happy" music playing. The rack and iron maiden have been replaced with "ellipticals", "rowing machines" and "treadmills". The grim black hooded torturer has been replaced with perky hard body blondes that smile and say things like "you can do it"... Oh yea torture is still alive and well.
The torture started with the lovely KnitTech and Perky said "You need to do some cardio before the meeting." They then took me to the "elliptical". KnitTech programmed mine and we were off. Hmmm after 15 minutes they were done and I still had 30 to go. After 30 minutes of that my legs felt like jello. I then had to kill and hour until my meeting with my personal torturer. When that started she informed me that she needed to see how I move so that she could design my workout. This involved using muscles that I don't think have seen use in about 25 years. Now every time I try to move my muscles are complaining. Well like they say "no pain, no gain".
BTW the torturer says that I should be able to meet my goals in about a year and a half. I figure that since it took 43 years to get into the shape I'm in reversing it in a year and half is a good trade.
I've also told myself that when I've lost 50 lbs I can get a tattoo. Target date for that is 6 months.
2 comments:
Does that mean I can get one when I loose 50 pounds?
Right on! Wanna go for a hike sometime?
Post a Comment